Trex 450 Pro 3gx - My first ever RC Helicopter build is finally complete.
It’s taken several months (2 months just interpreting the Chinglish user manual) to complete, several hundered pounds of equipment, alot of threadlock, alot of research, detailed mechanical & electrical setup, firmware updates and many downloads to get to this point, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
All I need to do now is wait for the weather to clear up so I can take her out and test fly her with a Maiden Flight, the moment of truth. Fingers crossed that I didn’t make a silly setup error that causes her to crash and burn on her first ever flight.
Onwards and hopefully Upwards…
If you are interested in the geeky technical side of things, here is the complete setup & specs I am using:
- Align Trex 450 Pro V2 3GX Super Combo Kit
- 3GX Flybarless System running latest Firmware Version 3.0 (with bluetooth capability)
- 450MX Brushless motor (3400KV)
- RCE-BL35X 35A Brushless ESC
- DS410M x 2, DS520 Digital servos
- Length: 635mm, Height: 230mm, Main Rotor Diameter: 710mm
- Flying Weight: Approx. 640g
- Spektrum DX8, 8 Channel Transmitter with full Telemetry
- Spektrum AR8000, 8 Channel Receiver + Satellite, Flight log and Telemetry compatible at 11 Millisecond Frame Rate
- TM1000 DSMX Full Range Aircraft real time Telemetry Module
- 1 x Totally Addicted Noob Pilot